PhotoUpload

Monday, March 28, 2005

Photoupload v0.3

I've added support for IPTC/EXIF mapping also for flickr photo title. The IPTC Field Object Name is also available.

Errors is now logged to a file - C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\PhotoUpload\Error.txt - E-mail this file to me if you have any problems.

The following fields can be used for photo description (Settings->Photo description) and title (Settings->Photo Title) when uploading:
{filename} File name on disk (not file extension)
{object} (IPTC)
{caption} (IPTC)
{country} (IPTC)
{camera} (EXIF Camera make/modell)

Example:
To Use the IPTC Object Name field as Flickr Photo title, use this string under Settings->Title:
{object}

Download:
http://hannisdal.com/photoupload03.zip

4 Comments:

  • Are there any plans to enable the ability to add photos to an existing set?

    This would be a great feature, and save me time doing it within Flickr.

    By Blogger David McDonald, at 7:38 AM  

  • Helge, I've been using your application for months -- it's so much more capable than the normal Flickr Uploader.

    But recently, Flickr changed their API, and I think this affects your application. I believe they switched from GET to POST.

    Anyhow, the behavior I see is that, when I'm uploading several images, the first one successfully uploads but your application then displays the message "The POST method is now required for ..."

    --Pat

    By Blogger zippy, at 5:30 PM  

  • Helge, I've been using your application for months -- it's so much more capable than the normal Flickr Uploader.

    But recently, Flickr changed their API, and I think this affects your application. I believe they switched from GET to POST.

    Anyhow, the behavior I see is that, when I'm uploading several images, the first one successfully uploads but your application then displays the message "The POST method is now required for ..."

    --Pat

    By Blogger zippy, at 5:30 PM  

  • Same problem as ptufts. I'd like to suggest that you place those error messages into a text box with scroll bars, so we can read the entire thing (and also paste it over to you). I, too, would love to be able to upload to an existing set. You already have "add to group", so "add to set" shouldn't be that difficult.

    Let me know when you've updated the program. It's MUCH easier to use than flickr's uploader!

    By Blogger Bill Woodland, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home